Is it getting chillier at all? I hardly even feel it! Either way, I get extremely enthusiastic about moisturizing this time of year. Here are my favorites this month:
1. Belo Essentials Skin Hydrating Whitening Facial Wash – Mild, pleasantly-scented, hypoallergenic, and non-drying. Gentle enough to use thrice-a-day if you like a midday refresh session. It’s good to have in your stash. (Read my full review here.)
2. Gluta-C Intense Whitening Alcohol-Free Whitening Toner – Despite the fact that the word “whitening” is used in every other phrase on the packaging, it removes leftover makeup gunk without causing the dreaded redness to my skin. It’s dermatologist tested and fairly inexpensive. A good deal. (Full review here. )
3. Nivea Baby Smoothy Cream – Another hypoallergenic product that makes my skin happy. I’m addicted to the newly-bathed baby scent! The texture is so mild and silky that I feel pampered every time I use this. (Click here for the full review.)
The common thread to these face products are the milder ingredients. I’ve been pushing for starting the use of anti-aging formulas at a young age, but I realized that this is the time when youthful skin is still working to my favor, so I decided to pass on the clinical-strength ingredients this time. As for the rest of the collection:
4. Garnier Light Eye Roll-On – It’s for the lazy ones, so I love it! The roll on applicator is such a cinch to use, while the formula feels cool on the little metal ball and dries non-sticky. Best for using under makeup and fits easily in any purse. This was made for the travel kit.
5. Avon Skin So Soft Silky Moisture Ultra Moisturizing Body Lotion + Argan – Thick and rich but non-greasy, this lotion is ideal for chillier weather in a humid country, plus it’s soothing to put on. Not a big fan of the scent though. It smells like a revamped version of those old-fashioned lotions and creams mom had.
6. Urban Rituelle Cotton Candy Lip Balm – It takes me forever to finish a tin of lip balm. This contains a bunch of natural oils and some sunscreen, making it handy to have around any time of the year.
Sharing what I learned this month, please remember to go easy on your skin! It does get overwhelmed from the rainbow of beauty goods out there. Everyone should have a set of back-to-the-basics items in their loot for when it’s time to take a breather.