Is it me, or are there a lot of dashes in that title? Hehe. But on to the product-of-the-day that came along with my package of Sample Room goodies: Celeteque Advanced Anti-Aging Anti-Wrinkle Ultra-Hydrating Cleansing Oil with Dual Vitamin Regenerating Complex (PHP 199/50ml; PHP 369/100ml).
Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Farnesol, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Retinyl palmitate, Linalool
- A few drops go a long way. No need to drench the cotton ball/pad to get enough product for sufficient makeup removal.
- Removes waterproof and long-wearing makeup. I tried it on waterproof mascara and Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow, and just one or two swipes got them all.
- After washing my face with a sudsy facial cleanser, my skin didn’t feel “stripped” of moisture. Love that!
- If you’re used to emulsion- or micellar-type makeup removers that have wet/soak-y feeling on the face, this’ll take some getting used too. Ditto for cold cream users. This feels more like baby oil.
- Because you don’t soak the cotton with it, you may experience a little pulling of the skin as you swipe.
- There are some cleansing oils that manage to mix with water (e.g. Shu Uemura, Biore, etc.), so you can skip the cotton and just rinse off most of it with water. (The water turns milky-white once the oil mixes with it.) That is not the case with Celeteque. The oil simply clings to the face for dear life. Use cotton pads to avoid applying too much.
My Rating: 4.5/5 Great value for money because you can use this for a long time. The sensation is not much of a big deal if you’re used to utilizing mineral oil for makeup removal. One-swipe-gets-all makes it super effective.