Before I begin, I must disclose the fact that I was never much of a foundation fan prior to discovering Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in PK-0 (PHP 1,512.50 on sale at Beauty Bar). From my previous experience, I gained the impression that foundations were thick, mask-like fluids that dried out my skin and brought with them breakouts. I stuck to tinted moisturizers and BB creams until a couple of months ago, when I decided it was time to be an “adult” and stop fearing the foundie.
KGD Aqua Foundation is the complete reverse of everything I thought foundations were. It’s light, it doesn’t break me out, and it enhances my skin instead of hiding it under thick, paint-like liquid.
Quick Specs: 30ml; old “edition” (the newly launched KGD aqua foundies have new packaging and supposedly slightly thicker coverage); compared to KGD Moisture Foundation, Aqua Foundation has a lighter coverage.
- Lightweight, easy-to-spread fluid with light coverage. Enough to hide slight redness, but you’ll still need a concealer for dark circles, pimples, and serious discoloration. My redness around the nose area has always been an issue, so I thought this performed excellently in that regard.
- The packaging is a pump bottle that dispenses only a small amount at a time, so you can limit usage when you are trying to extend your 30ml.
- Photo-friendly. My skin looks unbelievably clear and glowing in photographs, if I do say so myself.
- Expensive as all heck. Even the sale price made me a little uneasy, because I have to consider re-purchasing at full-price once I run out.
- Because this is a very light formula, the coverage doesn’t last very long on oily skin without a primer. You gotta be willing to do the prepwork and the setting.
My Rating: 5/5 Some would say this is much too light a formula for them, but I’m looking for A) something breathable enough for everyday use; and B) something that has a natural fade-away as the day progresses. You know, something that wouldn’t prompt someone to say, “Hey, why are you wearing such thick makeup?!” This is the answer! Last few bottles left, so go and grab yours.