Rooms sprays and serene ambiances go hand-in-hand, don’t you think? Spa-goers are well-acquainted with clean, relaxing scents as they unwind through a pampering massage or a revitalizing soak in a Jacuzzi. (Guess I’m just feeling nostalgic about my own spa date, but I digress.) A properly formulated room spray has the ability to emit a subtle, soothing scent that gradually fades into nothingness without invading the nostrils. That’s how I would describe two of Zen Zest’s new products: the Anti-Mosquito Room Fragrance (PHP 250 for 250ml) and the Cabinet Deodorizer (also PHP 250/250ml).
Let’s start with the Anti-Mosquito Room Fragrance, shall we?
- The blend of citronella, lemongrass, and eucalyptus scents are just right, so there’s no one overpowering essential oil. I applaud Zen Zest for it, since it’s so easy to go overboard with citronella. The result is an energizing fragrance that provides an instant pick-me-up.
- It’s a room fragrance that just so happens to have anti-mosquito properties, not an out-and-out mosquito repellent, so don’t expect it to cling to the room like Lysol. This fragrance lingers, but does not cling.
- In terms of effectiveness, I think this is a good way to prevent mosquitoes from coming into a room while keeping it fresh-smelling. Frankly, I love using it in the bath, especially when I have to spend quite some time inside because of my deep conditioning hair treatment.
Next up is the Cabinet Deodorizer:
- This smells so clean, I want to use it as a body spray! It reminds me of all those fresh-out-of-the-shower scents like Clean or Amazing Grace or even a subtle baby cologne.
- It can be used as a linen spray, especially for when your fabric softener or laundry detergent doesn’t have a strong enough scent to stick to your clothes.
- I highly doubt it would work on your grandma’s aparador (cabinet), because there’s hardly anything that would get the stench of old wood out. Ick! On a new-ish cabinet, maybe, but don’t expect it to last very long.
All in all, I’m happy to have gotten to try out Zen Zest’s room sprays. The scents are classy and uplifting. I’m even guilty of spraying the cabinet deodorizer on myself! :p