I’m obsessed with this line of lipsticks at the moment! Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters (PHP 525) are so impressive because they feel nourishing on the pout unlike any other lipstick I’ve tried so far, and the variety of available colors are gorgeous. It’s exactly the type of lipstick line I can picture collecting. I’ve already got four tubes and counting.
Today, I’m reviewing Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum.
Quick Specs: 2.55 g; made in USA with US and non-US components
- The Colorburst Lip Butters in general are like tinted lip balms but with more color and gloss. Some of the colors are surprisingly pigmented, while others look natural enough to be MLBB (My Lips, But Better) picks.
- I find the packaging cute. The lids’ colors are based on the actual lip butter colors, and the “quilted” pattern is pretty.
- The formula is so moisturizing, you can wear it in super cold weather. I did, and I didn’t get chapped lips at all. That’s when I knew that this line’s a keeper.
- Sugar Plum is a lovely light plum that’s wearable enough for day-to-night use. I love it because I’m not one to switch lipsticks often, and I personally find this color goes with a lot of my eyeshadows.
- Lasting power is good, considering the light formula. After over three hours, lips are still supple and moist, while a bit of the color is still there despite drinking water.
- For a drugstore brand, you’re paying a lot for a little. Just think of it as balm, color, and gloss rolled into one, so you don’t feel too bad for spending that PHP 525.
Recommendation: A lazy girl who doesn’t like the idea of layering lip balm, lipstick, and gloss but who enjoys seeing color and sheen would love this. I’d also recommend this to anyone who’s just getting into lipsticks, since the formula and color payoff won’t traumatize those who want to practice their application skills.