Foundations, foundations…. I’m swimming in them! These last few months, I’ve veered away from my beloved BB creams in order to educate myself in the universe that is foundation. When I gave them a chance, I learned the joys of having a seamlessly even-colored face—providing you’re using a shade that’s a perfect match to your skin. To continue the journey, I’ve started using Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Brightening Makeup in Petal (PHP 1,900).
Now, a little background story. Petal has never been the right shade for me. I’m more of an Ivory girl myself. This particular bottle was a gift from my cousin, but I hadn’t been able to use it for months because of the mismatch. However, a recent beach vacation changed all that when I got a major tan. Yessss! Nothing goes to waste.
Quick Stats: 30 mL/1 US fl. oz.; SPF 25 PA+++; oil-free; made in France; active ingredients are Octinoxate 5.49% and Titanium Dioxide 2.37%; coverage is from light to medium—enough to hide redness, but not freckles and blemishes
- I’m in love with the packaging because it’s so handy-dandy. Plastic with a pump and a snug-fitting cap? I’m not afraid to travel with it. It has become a bag staple for when I need to touch up my T-zone area after several hours outside. (Don’t want any of that redness to peek out!)
- SPF 25?! This is the most impressively sun-protective foundation I’ve tried to date. I’ve always tried using BB in the morning and saving the foundation for late afternoons and evenings so that I could get more SPF protection during the day, but this changes things.
- I’ve gotten compliments on how natural it looks on my skin. As in seamless and natural, like I don’t have foundation on at all.
- I can trust this not to break me out because it’s breathable. Even as I’m spreading the liquid makeup on my face, I can feel the lightness of the formula. Nothing gunky.
- I find the available shades to be wanting. The selection seems to be friendlier to warmer, tanner skintones. Makes me think Benefit is still created specifically for the Cali girl. :p
- Gotta save up for this one as the price tag also warrants a WOW.
Recommendation: Get this if you want a foundation that can effectively deal with redness but will still let your natural skin shine through, freckles and all.