I have the bare minimum approach to exfoliation. Once a week is good enough for me, but I’ll occasionally use a scrub twice a week when I feel like my skin doesn’t want to cooperate. That’s why a tube or bottle lasts forever. As I’ve recently run out of facial exfoliator after a whole year of using it up, I went big and splurged on philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating facial wash (PHP 875 / 120 ml).
Quick Specs: 120 ml; made in the USA
Ingredients: aqua/water/eau, sodium cocoyl apple amino acids, solum diatomeae/diatomaceous earth/terre de diatomees, acrylates/steareth-20 methacrylate crosspolymer, glycerin, decyl glucoside, lauryl glucoside, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, borago officinalis seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, tocopherol, tocotrienols, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, panthenol, lithium magnesium sodium silicate, sodium chloride, sodium glycolate, propylene glycol, magnesium chloride, sodium benzoate, magnesium nitrate, tetrasodium edta, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone.
- I like the minimalist packaging. The body of the bottle is a little soft, so it’s easy to squeeze the formula out. Inside the flip-top cap is a small hole that dispenses the perfect amount of product.
- It has a mild scent that’s perhaps caused by the seed oils in the ingredients. Don’t worry, it’s not a raw, nutty odor. Actually, it’s a slightly sweet scent.
- The exfoliating particles are absolutely tiny. First time I used it, it reminded me of Clinique Turnaround Instant Facial, but with less gritty particles. When I looked up the ingredients of the two, I found out that they both contain diatomaceous earth. Aaaah… so that’s the secret.
- While it doesn’t lather up, the skin still feels completely clean afterwards.
- Because it cleans well and doesn’t have a particularly feminine scent, I’d recommend this to guys as much as I would girls.
- The price is the worst thing I can think of, but I didn’t mind the splurge so much because this small bottle is probably going to last me a year. (I believe it with all my heart.)
Verdict: So far, so good. I prefer microexfoliators to the chunky beads, because I feel like they get deeper into the skin. While the bottle indicates that it is a daily exfoliating facial wash, I wouldn’t personally put my skin through so much stress. Like I said, twice a week max is good enough.