My love for hand cream probably started with Glysomed Fragrance Free Hand Cream. It appeared to me at a time when my hands were dry and battered from culinary adventures and lots of hand-washing. It also came at a time when I was on vacation somewhere chilly. Because my tropical born and bred skin started peeling, I grabbed the nearest winter-friendly lotion and this was it.
Quick Specs: 50 ml; dermatologist recommended; not tested on animals; has a scented variant
- It has a thick, balm-like feel rather than a greasy one. I dislike greasy lotions as I’m sure a lot of people also do.
- It leaves skin matte.
- It might seem too goopy and thick when you’re in hot weather, but it’s actually perfect for cold, dry weather.
- I’ve used this as a body lotion when I didn’t have any on hand. Again, it works wonderfully in cold weather.
- It isn’t available in the Philippines!
- Even though it’s unscented, there’s still the slightest waxy odor that I have now come to associate with glycerin. This is only truly a con if you have a very sensitive nose.
Verdict: I’m a Glysomed fan, and I’d also like to try out the scented version.
*Product photo and ingredients list photo from the Glysomed website