I went a little crazy with the higher end beauty products, and now I feel bad. Not only did I break my 2014 New Year’s Resolution of saving up a little each month, I’ve also amassed a healthy amount of clutter. Don’t get me wrong, I love my stash to bits. It’s just that I’m trying to find my way back to a healthy, balanced wallet. After reading a lot of makeup ban strategies, I’ve come up with my own ambitious list of rules:
- 4:1 = Four empty lipstick tubes will be equivalent to one new high end lippie.
- 3:1 = Three face powder containers (loose or pressed, doesn’t matter) will get me a new one. It’ll probably be Johnson’s powder, because I always end up coming back to that. Just sayin’.
- 2:1 = If I use up two bottles of liquid foundation, I’m eyeing a Bobbi Brown one. Dream big.
- 2:1 = Use up two primers to get a new one.
- 2:1 = Blush, except for an allowance on Benefit Lollitint. I’m still debating that one.
- Eyeshadow is BANNED until November.
- Lip gloss is BANNED until next year. I have an absurd amount here. Seriously.
- Mascara is BANNED until next year. If I replaced what I’m using every three months, I’d only need a new one towards the middle of next year.
- 1:1 Skincare = This applies to Philosophy products and any other high/-er end skincare brands.
- 2:1 Skincare = Two drugstore skincare empties for a brand new one.
- Face wash is BANNED until next year.
- Stop saving those samples!
Now, the obvious question: What will I be reviewing? Don’t worry about me. I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve. (Ha!) I do have a lot of stuff lined up for review anyway, so give me a few days to sort all that out.