At home, we have this really harsh hand wash we got from a PHP 100 store. We’ve already purchased five bottles, so we’re obligated to use everything up. I’m a frequent hand-washer, and I know right away when the chemicals in a bottle of hand soap is more than what the skin can bear. I’m countering the effects by using plenty of hand cream, especially before bed time. The latest one I’ve tried is The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream.
Quick Specs: available in 30 ml and 100 ml tubes; made in UK; for all skin types
Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Butyrospermum Parkii/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Myristyl Myristate (Emollient), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Isopropyl Palmitate (Emollient), Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Ethylhexyl Stearate (Skin-Conditioning Agent – Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Mel/Honey/Miel (Natural Additive), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Phenethyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Dicetyl Phosphate (Emulsifier), Ceteth-10 Phosphate (Emulsifier), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate (Chelating Agent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Squalane (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colour).
- Aesthetically, I think this hand cream has a very classy packaging. It has that aluminized thing going on, so it isn’t far from higher end brands like L’Occitane’s or Crabtree and Evelyn’s hand cream packaging.
- It has a mildly sweet scent from the shea butter in the ingredients that’s similar to, if not the same as, their very own Shea Body Butter.
- The formula is deceptively light. When you squeeze the tube, the cream that comes out is not unlike a thin body lotion. However, the skin feels pleasantly coated, even though it isn’t particularly greasy or sticky. When I apply the hand cream before going to bed, I wake up with soft, recovered hands.
- IMHO, the consistency and feel of this hand cream is perfect for Philippine weather. Hand creams are known to be thick and emollient, and this one gives all the expected results without feeling heavy. What more could you ask for?
- At the same time I’m fond of the packaging, I have no experience in lugging this type of container around. Not sure if it travels well in purses.
- None. I like this hand cream just fine.
Verdict: Hand creams are everywhere. If you compare this to high end brands, you’re getting good value for money.
*Product courtesy of themigraineparty