It seems as though August is Mud Month for me, judging from the products I’ve been using lately. There’s calcium bentonite (Aztec Secret), diatomaceous earth (philosophy microdelivery), and now kaolin in the form of Nivea Deep Cleansing Mud Foam (PHP 150) that I got from Sample Room.
Quick Specs: made in Thailand; available in 50 g (PHP 90) and 100g (PHP 150) tubes
- The scent is different from the other Nivea products I’ve tried before. I’m getting green apple mixed with chamomile but that’s just my take.
- After going to town on higher-end bottles of face wash, PHP 90 or PHP 150 comes as a sigh of relief for my purse strings.
- The consistency is thick. It’s a paste that holds its own form up until you squash it.
- What surprised me when I used this was the matte effect it had on my face right after the wash. It looked and felt as though I had a layer of face powder on.
- Clean feel. There’s only the slightest of tightness near my nose, but it doesn’t bring on dry spots.
- If you’re looking for a lot of foam, you won’t find it here. The paste gives off a fine, light gray lather that only stays on your hands. Once you spread the product on your face, the lather goes flat. You can still feel its presence, though.
Verdict: Another quality product from Nivea. Those with oil and shine issues will benefit from this the most, but it’s also fine on normal skin.