There’s this young adult book series I’m hooked on. It’s called Unwind, and I can’t wait for the next installment to come out in October 2014. Just thought of mentioning it as I’ve suddenly realized that I haven’t read a book since summer. If you want a thrilling page-turner that doesn’t involve zombies, werewolves, vampires, and aliens, then this one’s for you.
Okay, where was I? Let’s get back to beauty stuff! My happy, chap-free lips are rarin’ and ready for another review. I’m hopping over to the higher-end lip care products today with Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 in Pear (PHP 400+).
Quick Specs: 15 ml; made in USA; comes in Original/Pear/Cranberry/Mint/Coconut/Mango/Vanilla
Ingredients: Petrolatum, Squalane, Lanolin, Wheat Germ Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Allantoin, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Anise Alcohol, Linalool, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Amyl Cinnamal, Fragrance
- It was the scents that primarily convinced me to give this a try. I found myself particularly drawn to Cranberry and Pear, but Pear won out because it struck me as a more distinct lip balm scent. The fruit scents leave more of a dried fruit impression, rather than icky artificially-flavored candy. It’s more adult that way.
- The simple, sturdy packaging makes it a grab-and-go option.
- SPF 4 may not seem like much, but you gotta take what you can get from a lip balm. Some don’t offer SPF at all.
- When used before bed, my lips don’t feel greasy or too thickly coated the next morning. Meaning, a good moisture barrier is created. That also makes it an ideal lip balm to use under lipstick.
- The applicator could have been more ergonomic. A rounded or slanted tip would feel much more comfortable on the lips.
- Seeing as it’s primarily made up of petrolatum, I can’t help but think that this is actually a very expensive basic lip balm.
Verdict: Pricey, but it is a high-performance “adult” lip balm without the candy-scented frills. A no-nonsense lip balm user with a sizable budget would appreciate this.
*P.S. If you haven’t joined yet, don’t miss out on my giveaway!