I love doing reviews, but not varying my posts tends to cause mini burnouts. It gets so technical at times! Fellow beauty bloggers, does this also happen to you? I feel more energized when I switch things up, so I’m sharing a list of makeup (and an eau de toilette) I keep using and returning to over and over again this year.
This post was inspired by a request I got to do an entry on makeup empties of favorite beauty items. (I don’t have that many empties, but I’ll do a separate post on that later!) Some have already been reviewed and/or mentioned on my other lists, but that just shows the extent of my obsession with the product.
And away we go:
(From Left to Right, starting from the top row)
- In2It Eye Color Palette in Sorbet Deluxe – The colors flatter fair skin and give off a “blooming look”. This affordable eye shadow palette lasts all day without creasing. It’s also fool-proof. When I’m in a rush, I just use light gold and either brown or rose. It’s nearly impossible to mess up.
- Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush in Iced Lotus – Who would’ve thought this GWP blush would turn out to be the most flattering one I’ve used to date. Even one of the beauty queens I spoke with gave me a compliment on the blush color. It looks amazing on fair skin, and I find it hard to overdo.
- Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow in Burnt Sugar – I’ve been planning to review this for ages! I already have the photos, in fact, but am still lacking the text. Long story short, I was choosing from two shadows and the other one was out of stock. This may have won out by default, but I’m so glad it did. The bronze-gold color instantly adds a smoky factor to the eyes in just a few pats.
- Canmake Highlighter in Baby Beige – Natural glow. ‘Nuff said.
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Espresso Ink – Once I got the hang of making even lines, I started using this every chance I got. The color isn’t too stark black, and the lasting power is day-to-night.
- Etude House Proof 10 Auto Pencil in BR401 – When I don’t have the time for the more precision application of the Bobbi Brown Gel Liner (or I’m too lazy to wash the liner brush), this one does the trick. This was my default liner before I got the Bobbi Brown.
- Etude House Drawing Eyebrow in 03 – I’ve mentioned before that I only started doing my eyebrows this year. I started with the dual-ended Revlon Brow Fantasy, but this is much easier to use. Mistakes are also easier to correct. BTW, both brow products were borrowed from my mom and never returned. Hehe. She let me keep them, because she is now using K-Palette.
- Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser – Makeup just comes on smoother with this, especially Zero Kuma concealer.
- Zero Kuma Concealer – Dark circle banisher for those with serious dark circles!
- Philosophy Amazing Grace EDT – After getting this, I still haven’t found another scent I like better. That’s a big deal as I easily get tired of scents.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude – This shade just disappears on my face. The perfect color match that happened when the SA blended it across my jaw was the reason I impulse bought this. (Um… That and the sale price.)
What products do you keep going back to this year?