Christmas shopping is definitely something of an enabler for me, so I have to consider implementing a spending limit the rest of the year and allowing myself to go a little gaga during the holidays. While I was at The Body Shop picking up a few things for some special people, I certainly didn’t forget to shop for myself. This Frosted Cranberry Shimmer Lotion (regular price PHP 895) was bought because of impulse and a buy-1-take-1 promotion.
Quick Specs: 250 ml / 8.4 US fl oz.; made in UK
Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifying Agent), Mica (Opacifying Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifying Agent), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Emollient), Isopropyl Palmitate (Emollient), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Emollient), PEG-100 Stearate (Emulsifying Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Vaccinium Macrocarpon Seed Oil/Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Carbomer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Benzyl Benzoate (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide (Colorant), CI 14700/Red 4 (Colorant).
- The white shimmer is not pearlized, so you can see individual bits. It’s chunky shimmer as opposed to full-on glitter, so the 90’s won’t call asking for body glitter back. Does it make me feel like Edward Cullen? A little. In my opinion, a single pump of lotion is more than enough for all exposed limbs. While one pump is hardly enough moisture/hydration for just the arms, the overwhelming residual shimmer left on your hands will make you want to rub it over legs and feet. Don’t waste that sparkle!
- When used sparingly, you needn’t worry about a disco ball situation.
- I don’t know if it’s my festive mood, but the cranberry scent actually boosts my holiday spirits. The sweetness in scent is tempered by the ever so slight tartness of cranberry. (Didn’t care for Vanilla Brulee and Glazed Apple variants, but Apple seems appropriately tart-sweet as well. But it makes me think of summer, not Christmas.)
- Promo! I would NOT have bought this obvious luxury, had it not been on a buy-1-take-1 promotion (aka 50%-off per item). Who needs that much shimmer lotion at full-retail? I know I could’ve gotten another item for the take-1, but this was really the only thing I liked. (Another eye shadow palette or cranberry body butter? No, thanks. I’ve sworn off palettes for the time being, and shea is still my body butter of choice.)
- Most of the time, the holiday collections of TBS are a miss for me. Partly because of the higher prices and partly because they’re often too sweetly-scented. I repeat, I wouldn’t have bought this without the promotion. Too expensive!
Verdict: I’m all set for the holidays, and I’ll be shimmering with good cheer. The fact that I get to try this AND get a good deal in the process makes it worth the purchase for sparkle-lovers.