Sweater weather! Okay, this isn’t the victorious kind of cool winds due to Christmas, so stay safe, my Pinoy readers. But for the regular kind of Brrrr-month breeze, it’s simply a must to keep skin hydrated after baths. This long-overdue review of Nivea Body Cream Extra Whitening Cell Repair and Protect (PHP 163) is from Sample Room.
Quick Specs: 100 ml; made in Thailand; UVA/UVB filters; with Camu Camu and Acerola Cherry
- When you see lotion or body cream in a tub, what you usually think of? Body butter! Nivea Body Cream does kind of remind me of that because the product is not as gooey as lotion, but then again it isn’t as rich as the typical body butter. It’s pleasantly somewhere in the middle.
- It’s not at all sticky.
- Encased in a sturdy twist-cap plastic tub, this baby will travel well in your overnight bag.
- There’s a floral-fruity scent that’s typical of some Nivea lotions, but it doesn’t cling to the skin for long. Meaning, it won’t make your head hurt or clash with whatever perfume you use.
- I don’t care for whitening, so I can’t report on its lightening effects.
- For use all over the body, you will go through the small tub too quickly. However, I think it’s the perfect trial/travel size at a good trial price.
Verdict: Though I’m not a fan of floral-fruity scents, the hydrating, non-sticky formula makes it something I’d want to use all over the body, including elbows, ankles, hands, and feet.