Lipstick is a frenemy sometimes: We can’t get enough of that pure pigmented color, but we cannot stand the dryness. If a super-matte lipstick with “superior moisturization” could be invented, we’d be all set. Until then, our options for high-moisturizing color are tinted lip balms, colored lip butters, and Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm (PHP 900+)
Mine came from a GWP set given to me by my aunt, so what I got was the packaging with the transparent cap. The full-sized one looks like this:
Quick Specs: 0.1 oz ; made in USA; allergy-tested and fragrance-free
- If you look at it as a tinted lip balm, you’d be impressed with the amount of color it gives off. It belongs to the category of either tinted lip balm or sheer lipstick.
- I see this as a grown up lip balm, because of the way it’s packaged and the available variants. First, the twist-up bottom is typical of old-school lip balm. Second, even the available colors are reminiscent of classic lip balm flavors. (Grape, Strawberry, Orange, etc.)
- The crayon-shape stick makes for easy application from the lip line going in.
- Mega Melon is a coral with fine gold shimmer that comes on as coral pink with one swipe on naturally pigmented lips and goes back to coral after two swipes.
- Feels exactly like a lip balm, and the moisture stays on for hours. It stays on until I eat.
- Ideal for lip balm junkies and ladies who hate that coated + dry feeling of lipstick.
- If you look at it as a tinted lip balm, well, that’s an expensive tinted lip balm.
Verdict: It all comes down to if I would purchase the full-sized version. Personally, I’d say no, since I would rather spend that amount on a highly-pigmented lipstick. (This is coming from someone who’s used to the sensation of lipstick, occasional dryness and all.) For those who are more comfortable with lip balms, this is made for you.