Though this is not my usual topic of review, I find this important enough that it deserve an entire post. Let me start off by asking: Why don’t the local groceries have more women’s shaving cream?! Awkward, I know, but it must be broached. I’ve only ever found ladies’ shaving cream in Duty Free Fiesta Mall and once in Shopwise. As an alternative, I’ve taken to using Schick Shave Guard Foam in Sensitive Lime (PHP 89).
Quick Specs: 60 ml ; made in China
Ingredients: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate 65, Triethanolamine, Isobutane, Propane, Lauric Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Menthol, 0-Cymen-5-OL, PEG-115M, Parfum, Limonene, Linalool.
- 60 ml / 60 g is the perfect size for me. For men who shave regularly, this would probably be considered travel size. For me, on the other hand, that small can lasts months. I like to buy the smaller sizes as I do keep shaving cream inside the bath. A big container would sit there forever and start to rust.
- Affordable. For PHP 89 to last me months, I have no complaints with price.
- There’s a refreshing lime cologne scent that starts out sweet but doesn’t linger. Unisex scent.
- Skin feels moisturized afterwards. No drying feeling.
- Probably the best part about Schick Shave Guard is the cooling formula. (Menthol!) It came as a pleasant surprise, since I didn’t even bother reading the ingredients list at the time I bought it.
Verdict: Both ladies and gentlemen will benefit from using Schick Shave Guard. The scent is neutral, and the cooling menthol adds extra freshness to the whole shower routine.