You won’t see that many lip gloss reviews on this blog. At least, not until this year. I fell in and out of love with gloss, but now I’m falling back in. The time is right and I’ve received a lot of gloss as gifts, so they’ve piqued my interest once more. (Sheer gloss is a safe gift option, I get it.) More so, since the formulas are extremely different from what I’ve tried in the past. A sample size of Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss in Bellini was the first to get me believing in glosses once more.
- Sleek packaging. I’ve always loved Bobbi Brown’s minimalist, pro-MUA-esque packaging. It’ll never go out of style.
- A pleasant surprise came in the form of the minty feel on my lips. I love mint on lip balms and glosses! Then I got the light, minty scent of the gloss. Refreshing and clean.
- The Bobbi Brown website describes this as “a nude pink with pearl”. I’ll say it’s a girly-girl peachy-pink with pink-white shimmer. Though it doesn’t give off much pigment, the combination of a healthy amount of shimmer and juicy-looking gloss give lips an instant plumping glow.
- Most of all, I adore the moisturizing, non-sticky formula… Well, mostly non-sticky. You have to understand that this gloss coats the pout a certain way in order to give that non-drippy juicy, plump appearance. Gloss-consistency factors into that, and this one is on the side of thick to achieve that precise effect. However, Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss is still not like another, much stickier gloss brand I’ve tried. *cough* Clinique *cough*
- I don’t know if it’s the same issue with the full-size tube, but it was kind of hard to get to the contents because of the consistency of the gloss with regard to the shape of the tube. The stopper on the mouth of the tube was such a hindrance that it was easier to just remove it. I suppose users will encounter this with the full-sized gloss once less than half remains. Just take off the stopper, really.
- Pricey for a gloss. Unless it’s highly pigmented that it’s practically a liquid lipstick, I don’t like the idea of spending more than PHP 1,000 on it.
Verdict: I like the formula enough that I’m considering getting a full-sized tube. It’ll probably be from the highly-pigmented Rich Color Gloss line, so that I could better justify the purchase. (Heeheehee! Though Bellini is a pretty color as well.) But that’s probably not happening too soon. I want to use up some of the other glosses in my collection first.