Over the Holy Week break, I got some much-deserved vacation time with family. It was a simple beach getaway, but I didn’t forget to take along with me some must-have items. Um… I overpacked. Let’s just get it out in the open, because it isn’t something new to me. Y’know, it’s the usual “I can’t bear to leave home without…” scenario.
1. Dermplus Sunblock Sachets — The one thing I cannot forget to bring! I don’t think it necessary to emphasize further on how important sunscreen is, especially for outdoorsy people during the summertime.
2. Muji Cleansing Oil — Isn’t this cute? I’ll do a full review later, but I chose this because of the compact size and Muji’s no-nonsense approach to skincare.
3. Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Wash — Got this for PHP 20 at Mercury Drug. How neat is that!
4. Eskinol Toner — I try to limit the use of alcohol-based toners because they’re not the gentlest on skin, but vacations actually tend to bring the worst out on my skin. Trying to get a head-start on all the fun activities means less sleeping and spending most of the day outdoors. My skin easily gets tired from everything, so I have to get strict with the cleansing. I just use the toner on the T-zone.
5. Burt’s Bees Body Wash — Well, I actually brought this along to review, but I usually stick to bar soaps for travel.
6. Lactacyd Original Formula — Pretty self-explanatory.
7. Johnson’s Baby Oil — This is actually my mom’s, but I forgot to bring lotion. In all fairness, Baby Oil is just as good, providing you don’t hate the greasy sensation.
8. Philosophy Eye Hope — Since this goes under makeup nicely, it’s okay for day and night use and light enough to travel with.
9. Burt’s Bees Daisy White Moisturizer — I had just started using this moisturizer, and I didn’t want to abruptly stop and switch with the sample/travel size of another brand. All the switching might break me out.
10. L’Oreal Shampoo and Conditioner — I have a ton of these from when I bought the hair tonic at Watson’s, and the SAs were giving away samples. Ended up re-purchasing sachets for travel. Love the scent.
Except for the full-sized moisturizer and eye cream, the stash doesn’t look so bad. Wait till you see the makeup, though. That’s up next. :))