*For Part 1 of this two-part post, click HERE.
Here’s the part where my over-packing becomes a little more obvious. In an ideal world, I would be able to get by with one blush, one shadow palette, one eyeliner, two lipsticks, and one lip gloss, but I always want more options! I usually build my travel makeup stash around this one awesome palette that combines neutral/browns and pinks/purples in one compact container. I don’t stray far from these colors, so they’ve always been my go-tos. However, I just felt the summery vibe this time around, so I wanted to come up with gold, bronze, and other tan-flattering choices. Hence…
1. Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Hydrating Foundation in 01 Soft Beige — My skin doesn’t feel suffocated when I have this on, so I also don’t break out. Aside from its gentleness, I find the coverage perfect for everyday use. It conceals redness sufficiently in about two layers, but the natural quality of skin is still visible. It doesn’t look like I have thick makeup caked on.
2. Zero Kuma Concealer Type 3 — Has an orange tinge like the Happy Skin foundation, so they blend seamlessly together.
3. Pixy UV Whitening Two Way Cake Perfect Fit in Natural White
4. Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks in Rosegold, Moonlight, Amethyst, and Khaki — Using these four, I was able to create a brown smokey eye.
5. In2It Eye Colour Palette in Sorbet Deluxe
6. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner in Espresso Ink — I’ll play around with eye shadow, but I like my eyeliner pretty structural.
7. Etude House Drawing Brow
8. Nars Deep Throat — Since buying this, I’ve always included it to my travel stash. It’s that versatile.
9. Happy Skin Get Cheeky with Me in The Morning After — I’ve embraced the no-makeup makeup looks for summer, and The Morning After has that barely-there blush going on.
10. Benefit Watt’s Up Highlighter
11. Chanel Extrait De Gloss in Merveille — I need this amazing color in my life (multifaceted rosy plum-brown), and I thought it would go great with the no-makeup thing. It’s the most pigmented of the glosses I brought along, so my face wouldn’t look too pale/dull when paired with a neutral shadow.
12. Burt’s Bees Lip Gloss in Autumn Haze — Brought this along to review. What better time, right? Plus, I envisioned the peachy gold shade to go great with a tan.
13. Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss in Bellini — It’s hard to justify bringing three glosses, but this was tiny and minty?
14. Chanel Rouge Allure Intense Lipstick in Exaltee — I wanted to bring along a few bold lipsticks that would be the opposite of the lightly-colored glosses mentioned above. I immediately switch to lipstick for evenings. Exaltee is just the right bold fuchsia for the job.
15. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl — Just to have options, I also brought along a bold red.