I’ve been using body wash one after the other ever since I got a few bottles as gifts over the last three Christmases. Unfortunately, late last year was tough on my skin. I’ve had to swear off the body washes and scrubs after I started developing dry patches all over from the cool weather. (Who would’ve thought the weather I prayed for would stab me in the back?) As I’m slowly recovering over this very moist summer, I think it’s time to re-introduce non-drying body washes into my routine, starting with Burt’s Bees Fabulously Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash (regular size at PHP 650).
Quick Specs: travel size regular size 12 fl oz / 350 ml ; 99.2% natural; made in USA
Five Things About Burt’s Bees Fabulously Fresh Body Wash:
- I don’t think anyone can argue that the very hard plastic bottle this body wash comes in is sturdy as heck. The problem arises when I try to get the product out. It takes more of a jiggling motion to get the contents out instead of just wringing out body of the bottle. There’s a tiny part that gives when squeezed, but I had to feel around for it. Is this also the case with the full-sized bottle? Maybe. I just unscrew the cap altogether, instead of using the smaller push-button opening found at the top.
- Rosemary makes me think of… roasted chicken, but I appreciate aromatherapy scents that soothe or lift the mood. It’s 95% peppermint-scented anyway, so fear not the sealed bottle that you can’t sniff at the store.
- It takes twice the amount of my regular body wash to get the lather going, but it works fine on a shower puff as much as it does on bare hands.
- As I mentioned above, it’s refreshing without drying my skin out. There’s a cool feeling afterwards, so it’s not just a spa scent.
- PHP 650 is a little pricey to pay for a body wash. Personally, I would be a tad more comfy spending more on a face wash, but I would have to mull over the body wash.
Verdict: I understand that there’s a higher value placed on natural beauty products. I would be more sold on this, had the dose needed to achieve a satisfactory lather been closer to my usual body wash. Consistent with Burt’s Bees products that I’ve tried, the scent is calming and the formula is gentle on the skin.
*The product was received free-of-charge from an event goodie bag, but the opinions expressed here are purely my own.