I kept forgetting to do empties posts all summer long, so the hollow containers have accumulated. Click on the product names to see their full reviews.
1. Nature Republic Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel — I couldn’t handle lotions for daytime, so this came in handy. It was either gel or nothing. This dried quickly, and it didn’t feel like I had too many layers when I applied sunblock over it.
2. Moringga O2 Malunggay Herbal Moisturizing Lotion — As the summer began to wind down, my tolerance for lotion during the day grew. Light lotions were re-introduced to the routine, and this was the start of going back to regular lotions. The green tea scent was refreshing and summery, like a light cologne.
3. Pantene 3 Minute Miracle — I already repurchased this curious conditioner. Curious, because it’s not anything like any conditioner I’ve used before. That’s a good thing, in this case.
4. Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Shampoo — I liked the claims of nourishing oils, but I wasn’t a fan of the powdery scent. Would’ve preferred to use the Oxygen Moisture line’s shampoo, but the grocery didn’t have those in stock. That’s why the shampoo and conditioner aren’t from the same line.
5. Dove Oxygen Moisture Conditioner — Your typical conditioner, but I liked that the clean, floral scent was able to mask the above-mentioned shampoo’s powdery, almost-aldehydic perfume. Guh.
6. Human Heart Nature Strengthening Natural Shampoo — Summer and thick hair don’t go together. I appreciate how the Cool Peppermint variant offered a strong cooling sensation post-bath that made the heat slightly more bearable. Since Human Heart Nature shampoos are not so good at lathering, I ended up using more to create an acceptable lather and leaving half a tube of matching conditioner behind.
7. Philosophy Amazing Grace Spray Fragrance — I still have maybe three uses out of this bottle. Already repurchased this when I got to the halfway point. My most repurchased fragrance used to be l’Eau par Kenzo until this baby came along.
8. Signature Collection Midnight Pomegranate Body Butter — Got this from the dollar store that has since closed its doors. Safe pick for day-to-day hydration, though nothing beats The Body Shop Shea Body Butter for the heavy-duty skin conditioning moments.