Are you guilty of purchasing an item you don’t need right this moment? As in beyond hoarding, an item you fully intend to use in the distant future… This was exactly what happened when I got K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Lasting Eyebrow in 02 Natural Brown almost a year ago. I knew in my heart that I wanted to go significantly lighter with my hair color, so I had to prepare the brows in advance. It just got a delayed, I guess.
Quick Specs: made in Japan
Five Things About K-Palette Lasting Eyebrow:
- K-Palette comes up with some considerably hi-tech stuff in the brow department. Well, to me, anyways. Admittedly, I find myself somewhat intimidated by brow makeup that’s dual-ended with two different formulas for a single use (powder plus liquid-pen, in this case) or mascara gel. I’ve tried various formulas and applicators, but it can present a challenge to those who are used to the classic pencil. I’m glad they didn’t forget to go back to the basics with a dual-ended pencil-and-spoolie combo, though I don’t think this is available in the Philippines. (Why, oh why?!)
- This brow pen is not actually a one day tattoo formula, contrary to the bold claim. I rubbed the swatch, and it came off easily. It can also be sheered out by the spoolie with ease. To be fair, it lasts all day on me as most brow makeup I’ve tried does. I don’t rub at my brows anyway.
- I didn’t pick out anything full-on blonde, since I knew I would’t go that far. Light, light brown is more my speed. Natural Brown is coffee-colored with a hint of milk chocolate. This whole description is making me hungry…
- I’ve tried to use this while sporting black or slightly reddish hair color, but it just always looked awkward. Once I went a much lighter golden copper brown, this color finally worked to my advantage. That’s why the review is one year late.
- JPY 500 or PHP 250 is a steal for a high-quality brow pencil that’s manufactured in Japan, thus making me wonder why this isn’t available locally. If they priced it at PHP 350, it still would’t be so bad as Korean brow products range from PHP 200 – PHP 400 anyway.
Verdict: I don’t regret buying this way in advance. At least I already had something at home, so I didn’t need to shop for a new brow pencil. It matches my new hair color wonderfully, so all my other brow products have been put on hold for the meantime.