I’m not actually big on serums in the skincare department. When you first start learning the ropes on a solid beauty routine, it’s moisturizer that gets the most mentions. Sure, I’ve purchased two or three serums out of curiosity, but the rest of the time a sale is what actually gets me to buy more than the need to boost my routine. This was exactly the case with Burt’s Bees Daisy White Serum from a big sale on Burt’s Bees products at Beauty Bar (original price is PHP 1,650; bought on sale at PHP 577.50).
Quick Specs: 1.0 fl oz / 30 ml ; made in USA ; 99.0% natural
- I’ve tried oil, light cream, and gel serums, but this has helped me decide that my preferred consistency is runny and watery. I don’t know if that necessarily translates to a more effective absorption of the formula, but it personally feels that way to me. It dries faster, so it appeases that impatient side of me. It’s also less gunky, especially when layered with other skincare products.
- Has the same refreshing sweet citrus scent as the moisturizing cream and toner.
- Gentle on the skin. The entire line has been so mild. My overall experience has been positive, though I won’t comment on brightening effect. Its not a quality I specifically seek out in skincare products.
- The packaging, while lightweight and simple, isn’t the most hygienic or neat. The twist-to-lock pump is great for quick application, but the mouth of the pump tends to be exposed to the elements. (Wish they had a small cap over the whole thing!) Also, the type of pump doesn’t seem to be ideal for the consistency of the serum. The watery, tea-colored formula tends to spill to the sides and eventually build up into a brown residue along the sides of the pump. Not so attractive…
- Pricey, especially considering that this doesn’t feel so different from the toner.
Verdict: I have no complaints with the formula itself, but I’m such a huge fan of the moisturizer already and the toner is considerably cheaper. I honestly don’t feel the great urge to layer all three at the same time. Mostly, the toner and moisturizer combo does suffice.