Labels tend to confuse me. There are so many features, tag lines, and fonts that I get lost when it comes to finding the generally recognized name of a product. It’s a nightmare for writing blog posts that you want readers to find easily, but I usually have no trouble verbally letting people know what product I’m referring to. That was what happened with Crabtree & Evelyn Pomegranate, Argan & Grapeseed Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy (USD 9), so I went with the official website’s loooooong name.
Quick Specs: 25 g / 0.9 oz ; made in USA
Five Things About Crabtree & Evelyn Pomegranate Hand Cream:
- I actually have the old packaging, the printed aluminum tube, that tends to get banged-up or do the banging-up of other things inside one’s purse. Some of the print on mine has gotten scratched off over the last few weeks. Not sure what caused it. However, I’ve seen the new packaging that looks like it has a plastic coating, so no complaints on their upgrade. (Correct me, if I’m mistaken about the plastic coating.)
- With pomegranate being a rare occurrence at my local grocery store, I can’t talk volumes on the scent accuracy of this product. I can only compare the hand therapy’s scent to that of guava from a certain tropical tartness I get whiffs of.
- I was always under the assumption that the more expensive hand creams would have thicker formulas, but that hasn’t been the case with L’Occitane and Crabtree & Evelyn. The pomegranate has a light, melt-on-your-skin texture that absorbs quickly. It leaves skin with a slight sheen and a lightly moisturized feeling. Moisturized in a breathable way, instead of coated.
- In cold weather, the hand therapy must be reapplied constantly after hand washes to maintain the minimum of skin moisture. It’s no heavy-duty hand cream, so I would only recommend this for indoor use.
- The price puts it as a luxury, since Korean brands have developed similar light-weight formulas for less.
Verdict: It’s an impressive gift-able item that gives hands a comfortable level of pampering.
*Thanks, V of V Writes Beauty, for giving me this hand cream!