I like a ‘delicious’ lip balm, but not a tasty one. Does that make sense? Okay, let me clarify. My ideal lip balm is one that smells so nice you could practically taste it, but it doesn’t have any actual flavor. Same goes for lipstick, hence my admiration for MAC lipsticks and their signature vanilla scent.
After seeing the beauty world (and celebrities!) go crazy for EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm, I went ahead and purchased one or three while on vacation. The review for today is for their Honeysuckle Honeydew scent.
Quick Specs: g ; made in ; gluten-, paraben-, petrolatum-, and phthalate-free
Ingredients: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax/Cera Alba (Cire D’abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Natural Flavor (Aroma), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Tocopherol, Cucumis Melo (Honeydew Melon) Seed Extract*, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract*, Limonene**, Linalool**. *Organic. **Component of Natural Flavor. Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth.
Five Things About EOS Lip Balm in Honeysuckle Honeydew:
- Lip balms from Evolution of Smooth, aka EOS, are distinctly known by their adorable sphere-shaped twist-cap containers. The size and rubberized outer coating (like Nars products) make it ideal for clumsy hands, and I like that each flavor/scent is distinguished by the color of its packaging.
- The lip balm is easy to use. Once you twist off the cap, what you see is what you get. There’s no twist-up screw, so that’s the full amount of lip balm right there. Since the product protrudes, there is a tendency to nick the lip balm accidentally with your fingers or the cap.
- Moisture level is a-okay for me. I use this before bed, and I wake up to soft, moisturized lips.
- FYI: EOS lip balms are notorious for melting in hot weather. I’ve had mine for months before I actually started using it. Through the summer, it was stored in the fridge to prevent any untoward melting. Still haven’t experienced any problems with heat though, so either I’ve been taking care of it well or they’ve reformulated.
- Slightly floral and mostly sweet, Honeysuckle Honeydew is two scents I love rolled into one juicy-smelling lip balm that doesn’t smell artificial. The scent is subtle and doesn’t linger, so it’s never bothersome to the senses.
Verdict: In the US, EOS products are a drugstore and grocery fixture, but this brand is more of a rarity in the Philippines. It’s also priced at a premium here. Get yours at S&R Membership Shopping, the Philippines’ answer to Costco. EOS is recommended to those who hate artificial-tasting lip balm or any lip balm taste, for that matter.