Aaaah… Here’s the obligatory summer-themed post. I’m usually hidden away in a “cave” where no light ever shines through, but on the rare occasion that I’m up to it, I journey to the beach for the sun, sand, sea, and…komodo dragons.
We went on a quick Holy Week trip to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. Naturally, it was the perfect venue to test the complete Belo SUNEXPERT line. Mine came from Sample Room, and here’s a photo I styled for the occasion.
Now let’s get down to business, because this is gonna be a three-for-one blog post…
Belo Sunexpert SPF 50 PA+++ Transparent Mist
Quick Specs: PHP 449.75 for 100ml; UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum
- Travel-friendly packaging. The container is lightweight and non-bulky, so feel free to stick it into totes and purses as much as you like.
- 100ml is the right amount of liquid for a spray that can be used all over the body (and face). If you use this liberally everyday (complete with reapplications midday), this could last you a month. Definitely more than a month, if you’re just using it on your limbs.
- True to its claims, it isn’t sticky, it dries quickly, and it doesn’t break me out.
- I’ve used this under makeup, before primer and foundation. Just spray some on the hands and pat on the face. Hey, it’s better than waiting for a cream to get absorbed into the skin, especially in this heat. (Don’t know if it’s advisable for dry skin.)
- At first spray, there’s a strong whiff of its alcohol base, but that rapidly disappears in a matter of seconds.
- This is my personal favorite among the three Belo Sunexpert products, because it’s so convenient to apply.
Belo Sunexpert SPF 40 PA+++ Face
Quick Specs: PHP 329.75 for 50ml; UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum
- The light consistency of the cream/fluid is similar to Belo’s day cream, meaning it doesn’t feel sticky at all and it’s easy to smooth all over the face.
- No offensive scent.
- Leaves skin with a dewy, just-moisturized finish. I’ve used this under primer and foundation, and I didn’t experience any more re-greasing than usual.
Belo Sunexpert SPF 60 PA+++ Body
Quick Specs: PHP 459.75 for 100ml; UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum
- Feels like a light lotion. Non-sticky.
- Has a mild sunblock scent.
- Leaves a slight white cast, but nothing too unnatural.
- Unexpected bonus: It leaves skin with a slight sheen that actually flatters tans and makes skin look glowing.
Recommendation: All three products are remarkable, but I think the most versatile for everyday use is the spray.